Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member Lifeisfullofsurprises's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

just venting off ....?

I might be just over reacting but i am actually being pretty quiet about it just mentioned it to my husband. He got home today from work and we were in a conversation with one of my friends there close friend one of his cosins and he said that i have gained weight well i did a little i still look good and can fit into my clothes...just been married 3 months so not really appreciating his comment in front of other not matter what size i am he should not say just a thing... I have not gained a lot maybe 7 pounds but still i don't appreciate that behavior and its not right...plus 3 months married come on thing use your brain a little right i don't say things like that...some people don't thing what they say...sorry just need to vent...i am just being quiet about did not say anything to him well he called me honey and i said your fat honey and he said ok i won't say things like that no sorry about it...u know how we are conscious about our weight and out looks....

Downloads
    Uploads
    For some women, weight issue is a very sensitive subject and you fall into that category. You have just been married 3 months and your poor hubby still has a lot to learn about you. Give him a change to learn and discover your sensitive side. Very lovingly, talk to him, remember he did not mean anything by it, it was just an innocent remark, therefore he does not deserve to be yelled at. Tell him the comment about your weight gain bothered you and you would appreciate it if he does not bring it up any more in front of other people. That is how you establish good communication in a marriage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So.. you're upset with your husband because he said something truthful?

Honey - you HAVE gained weight. He didn't say you were fat. He didn't say you were disgusting or ugly because of it. He simply stated an obvious truth...

You let him know it bothered you and he apologized. GET OVER IT.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hurtful as the comment was, it may also serve as a "wake up" call...Why the 7 pounds in 3 months? You may be able to fit in your clothes now dear, but I assure you, in another pound or two, you WON'T be able to! I've been there, know what I'm talking about...In fact I just returned from CURVES where I go 4 times a week TO keep the weight off, though I'm older than you with hypothyroidism and both certainly make losing harder - but guess what? I've done it.

I want to look good.
    I want to fit into my clothes.
    MOREOVER...I want to FEEL good and be HEALTHY.

You should too! Walk a mile everyday for two weeks - see what it does for you dear...You'll be surprised...but stop gaining and start getting the weight off...

It was wrong for someone to comment, I'll grant you that - but you ALSO know? It was the TRUTH. So face it...Because you have the rest of your life to deal with probably a propensity to gain if you're now married cooking regularly - you need to learn HOW to eat balanced meals AND get the exercise you need to keep "extra" pounds OFF. I suspect this will be a lifelong endeavor, so be concerned and get MOVING!

Grace

Downloads
    Uploads
    You dont' have kids so don't make excuse's or need yourself some self pity. stop feelings pitty for yourself and go out there and workout the 10 or 15 lbs you so called didnt' gain no 7 lbs or else you would not make a big deal it sounds like more.

no one can really tell a bare 7 lbs.

i am a women with two kids and job and school and still find time for working out.

be and make yourself first and stop worrying about what others think.