...actions or inactions? ? I recall him from 8/27. His bid to pool every form of social injustice whether real or not is the final stretch of the LTTE. His stances of late have been gay rights, the unlawful and hoax elements incorporated in a politically based bid of a purported eloping Sri Lankan couple to attain refugee status in India and now this. I recall his vehement displeasure when I suggested that a certain ailing journalist (now deceased) be attended to by the President's personal physician as well as his disparaging remarks to my statement that as Sri Lankans we have much more that unites us than divides us. He himself, is a card-carrying member of the roast beef and wine imbibing set that he so scrutinizes here. Else wise he would not have been at the UN event of 8/27. I am happy that I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Wickremetunga and am glad to read that he was of a mind that was open to see the ever-growing potential for unity to defeat separatism and amity amongst our own populace (which has always existed) as the strongest tool against the terroristic mentality of the LTTE. I am of the opinion that Mr. Wickremetunga was killed greatly due to a perception that he was "switching sides". This also was an untrue perception for the prevailing conversation was of a nature that journalistic integrity has no sides and reports on facts.
I would further like to point out that lately there is more evidence of disparity between news stories and headlines of wich this story is a good example:
How does this statement “almost point the finger at SL Government”? http://www.asiantribune.com/?q=node/15102
That would be tantamount to pointing the finger at US Armed Forces for media attacks in Iraq.

ISN'T IT THE NEWS SERVICE THAT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR WRITING THE HEADLINES??
Why not hail the GOSL for affording citizenship to 150K persons categorized as Upcountry Tamils aka Indian Tamils, who are actually a sub-minority group with over 150 years of history on the Island that had been denied rights for years based on the policy of previous governments vis-a-vis the LTTE?