Warning...genius needed.
I have iPOD nano, 2nd generation, and new shuffle. I also have 2 computers. One computer (Computer A) can not access internet any longer (even Geek Squad couldn't figure it out) but I have most of my music on that computer. My Nano works with this computer.

I have newer computer (Computer B) and have been downloading songs on it. My Shuffle works on this computer. Everything worked fine for a time... Problem? Here goes.

When downloading songs I want to put on Nano, I must make a CD and then load to "A" computer. This morning I noticed that the songs I put on CD play back very staticky and therefore when I listened on the Nano the static was unbearable.

Someone mentioned the encoding, but I am not sure what settings you are supposed to have the computer on when you make the CD on "A" and what settings the importing computer "B" are supposed to have on them. Frankly, I just don't get this.

Of course, if I knew what I was doing, I would consolidate the two libraries--but I am freaked out at the possibility of losing all my music. Being an old retired Grandma (but I can run 12 miles) I don't want to have to repurchase all my music--or re-do importing all that stuff from old CDs. So now what?

Please, someone with a little bit of compassion, could you explain what is wrong? I use the Nano for my workouts and the Shuffle for wild grandsons when necessary. The main thing is making sure my music on the Nano is of good quality, but since I cannot access the internet, there is no other way to download except to do it on the newer "B" computer and make CD and import into old "A"computer. Do you follow? Of course you do--but can you explain it simply step by step?

Please help. I would be forever grateful if we can fix this. 10 points to the best answer--one that makes sense to a 53 year old...

My running career depends on this!