My boyfriend of 4 years is a whiner. He's in his 20's and acts like he's 5 when I don't do everything he wants. Examples:

1. When I don't want to come over every day, he acts like I don't love him.

2. When I mention a guy's name for a benign reason, he's jealous. (not a dateable guy, like best friend, family, boss, musician, ANY MALE PERSON other than him.)

3. If I put my family's needs ahead of his wants.

4. If I don't make every effort to see him every single day when I'm busy, sick, tired, or worked all day.

5. When I go out with my sister. (we don't go out more than once a month)

6. I am 24 and haven't been out with any girls to drink since my 21st birthday. He said if I go to a bar without him he will dump me (he told my dad this, and boy did my dad ream him out lol).

7. I cook for him, spend everyday of the week with him, plus stay there all weekend, he says I don't do enough to show I love him.

Is there anything I could do? Will it always be this way, or is there a way I can encourage independence? He has a 5 year old daughter from a previous relationship and desperately needs to act his age. He seems to focus more on my imaginary "meanness and lack of caring" than work, education, and even his daughter at times. I'm starting a business very soon and graduating from college. I cannot deal with someone making up trivial things to whine about.