Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sick of people ranting on big corporations and calling workers slaves. What

do you think? Recently people have had a stick up their butt complaining about big corporations and big Business.

Sorry to break this to you, but big industry/Business has made this country great. I doubt your sitting there right now with you computer in you cozy home with heating and air conditioning and a kitchen chalk full of all sorts of sweets and junk.

Corporations made it so that the very poorest of the poor in this nation can eat and have Ipod and STILL complain about how bad they have it (lol).

Corporations in THIS country built this world and everything we NEED daily in our lives. Cars, Homes, Stores, clothes.

Until you stop wearing your tight Abacrombie and Fitch T-shirts and $175 ripped jeans and start buying straw woven shirts and riding a HOME MADE BIKE, and give up your computer.

You have no right to complain.

Junior Member DarkandStormyNight's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Big Corporations now are not employing Americans but are setting up their corporations and employing people from overseas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I take it you have never been to Skid Row in Los Angeles? Seen the Vietnam Veterans pan handling in front of the liquor Stores? Seen friends and family lose jobs because of outsourced jobs to other countries?
    URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6307293/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZSBGHm0RY

Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, people have the right to complain about it. Some corporations DO suck, plain and simple. Have you ever worked for Wal-Mart Try it; they are a good example of a bad corporation. The pay is low, they attempt to hold you after your hours with intimidation tactics, their benefits package was, I think, mapped out by a professional, satirist comic.

Now, on the other hand, you have companies like P&G who are excellent to their employees. They give you free stock shares at certain points in your career, they continue to give you added weeks of vacation at certain intervals, they are very socially friendly, having a "You + 1 medical benefits system" (this being where you can pay for yourself and ANY 1 other person - any family member, same-sex partner, etc etc). Also, they give you yearly raises.

So, some people have a point, and a right to point it out. Others have seen the "good" in the corporate world and appreciate it.

And, no, corporations didn't make this nation great - hard working individuals who were mental pioneers of new ideas and ways of thinking were. Corporations, though, just capitalized on those ideas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your right corporations provide jobs so we can provide for our families.Of course if you are a lib you would rather just get a check from the government and forget about the job .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, but darling, they are, in the end, businesses and therefore they only have privileges, not rights. What people complain about is that their interests are often put before those of actual citizens, who do have rights.

The same corporations that use their huge resources to lobby my government to put their interests first also want us to quietly accept that their interests should come first when it comes to the conditions governing employment. That's what people complain about, mostly.

And I certainly do have the right to complain. Not only is that one of the rights reserved to me by the Bill of Rights, but just who do you think is employed by the corporations, doing that work and creating these consumer goods...elves?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The funny part is the death of middle class is removing the single greatest defense the rich has against the poor. That was the genius of FDR, he knew he and his rich buddies would only contain the communist threat if they built a strong petit-bourgeois to keep the masses at bay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think government is doing a much better job of making people slaves. Big business gives out money, government takes it away. Isn't slavery taking away someones rights.

Downloads
    Uploads
    your right, but when did they stop creating goods, for profit.
    What I mean by that is, what made these company's so great is that they actually made something, sold it for profit, paid a decent wage, had company picnics and were members of the community.

Now they borrow money to pay dividends? WTF
    what ever happened real profit? these corporations run just like our Government! constantly in debt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you need to get back to work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast