Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member GladThat'sOverWitht's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm kind of venting, but am I right for venting? I hope this isn't too long.........?

Long story short, in my history class, we got these video projects we can do in a group. And, in the past week, my one kind-of-friend said let's do the project together (together meaning the four of us friends in the class). So, what happened was after we were sent to organize our groups, my one kindish friend joined and "3 randoms" (2 of which no one in the class likes.) Anyways, so since that would make 8, and that would be too big of a group we decided to split the group. But, I ended up getting stuck with the "3 randoms" (the 5th person of the group split it down the middle.) So, I protested and said well can't I atleast trade one person from our original four group with someone from the "randoms" so then I could at least be happy (because I was also making the argument that none of the "3 randoms" were my friends. So, my bossy kind-of-friend said, "Deal with it. Make new friends."....

I mean, it's obvious no one wants to work with the other people, but don't I have a right to get mad for being forced into a group with no say? My one good friend was voicing my concern and is wavering if she should join with me (because she doesn't really like the bossy friend.) I'm also really mad because I don't want to work alone, because this project is one of the highlights of this class....What should I do????

Downloads
    Uploads
    It does sound like a hard position, but if I were you I would be happy to at least be separated from the bossy friend haha =P

On a more serious note though, I would talk to your good friend who was considering switching groups and let her know that you won't feel comfortable working with three "randoms". However, try not to make any of the random people feel bad about it, because it is sort of mean to say you don't want them in your group (in front of them, saying it to friends I understand). Maybe you will find that it's not so bad working with two or three randoms (depending on whether or not your friend switches) so attempt to give them a chance if things don't work out with your friends.

I would be mad if I was in your situation too, but I hope everything works out ok.
    Good luck on your project!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Screw the bossy friend. Even though it's just one project, you have rights to work with whom you wish as well... I'm pretty sure if the bossy friend were in your position, she'd have dictated a switch around as well. If your good friend wants to join you, facilitate a trade of her for one of the other kids in your group... if both your friend and this kid agree, there is nothing the other people can really do about it. Or your friend can just join your group and you can have a group of 5.

Last option would for you to do it by yourself, or you and your friend to both leave your groups and form your own new group... do whatever sounds the best to you, and that your friend agrees with...