Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you're truly self-conscious about a certain imperfection, do you complain

about it or keep it to yourself? When people complain and say "I'm ugly" or "I'm fat," I usually get annoyed because I feel like they're fishing for compliments!
    If I'M really self-conscious about something, I keep it to myself! Why would I bring attention to something I'm truly uncomfortable with?

What do you think? Do you think I'm wrong? Or do you agree?

Do you complain about your imperfections, or not?

Downloads
    Uploads
    i see what you mean when you say some people are fishing for compliments, but sometimes when people compliment you it can help you feel better about yourself. i try not to complain about my imperfections because i know it can come across as annoying; instead i try to sort out the problem by myself first i.e, take up exercise if i'm having troubles with my weight. Besides no ones perfect, if you think you're ugly you may see someone else who is far worse than you...no offense to that person.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe they are self-conscious and they want to have compliments to improve their self-esteem and reassure themselves about their imperfections?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe they are self-conscious and they want to have compliments to improve their self-esteem and reassure themselves about their imperfections?

Downloads
    Uploads
    completely agree. When people say it all the time and complain they usually think the opposite and just want compliments like you say. i keep it to myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    People deal with insecurity in different ways, some will see outside sources of validation, others will try and hide it.

Maybe neither is the best solution. Maybe it's better to acknowledge it, understand it is part of who we are and move on. If there is something we can do to resolve it, such as diet, it means that we understand it is our responsibility to change that imperfection and not pass blame on to everyone else.