Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you ask someone to not hang up on you and they continue to do so when

you argue, is there any Respect?

I have not called her for months at a time after she hangs up on me, yet she never contacts me ever again unless I call her first. She is a close blood relative, I would hope she had more love for me but I guess its hopeless when I ask her not to hang up on me, and then she does, and then doesn't call me for months, yet somehow its always my fault no matter what. I'm not allowed to get upset or hurt or draw boundaries, which is what I try to do by telling her that I don't want to be hung up on. I never hang up on her.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Need more details.

It is entirely possible that you are obnoxious and start arguments or talk down on people, then act all "innocent" about it like you are one of the nicest people on earth. We don't know what you are like here. I've known several women like that. They have talked down on me like I'm stupid and call it a "discussion", not an argument. I have hung up on people like that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should go more into detail with this.I tend to hang up on people if they are getting loud on the phone and going off on me.I won't sit there and listen to nonsense when I can end it with a click of a button.I hate when people want to argue on the phone.It is much better to discuss issues in person.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It takes a lot of anger and some amount of disrespect for a relative to keep hanging up on you. You appear desperate if you contine calling and nobody likes a desperate person.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stop calling, it shocks the shyte out of them.

Took me years to figure that one out, but well worth it. When you ignore them and drop it, they soon come running.

Okay, since you asked in M&D, I thought it was a heated relationship. Just stop bothering with her though. There's no reason you have to let your relatives walk all over you. Sharing blood doesn't make that behavior acceptable or mean that you HAVE to keep contact. Why keep putting yourself through this? Of course, this is coming from someone who stopped trying to get her father to talk to her years ago. I just call his wife every year or so and ask if he's still alive. It's not worth the agony, no matter how they're related to you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Leave the person alone, they obviously don't want to talk to you. No matter if they're a relative or not.

And it's not disrespectful to hang up if asked not to, no one HAS to comply with something they are asked to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    may she hangs up on you because she is tired of arguing with you it seems like you are the one that needs to give respect by not arguing with her. maybe this is her way of getting across to you that she is not interested in what you are saying, and if she is a close relative of yours what have you done or want to do that you have to argue with her about? and are you trying to have an affair with this close relative? maybe your reason of wanting to talk to her is the reason why she keeps hanging up on you. maybe if you stop contacting her about the same thing she will stop hanging up on you.