Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    leatherneck

if Marine Corps boot camp would tone down on the screaming, belittling,...

...and stupid mind games it would........ draw better recruits and make a better fighting man. how many of u agree?

how belittling makes a fighting man? calling a recruit stupid, maggot, slime, other vulgar names how that makes a fighting man? please explain your logic. lets be logical

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't know how to defend a nation. Have you ever thought that the treatment bound the men together in such a way as to sustain them in brutal combat? Did you ever think that going through something really bad together forms military cohesion that improves morale and esprit-de-corps? And did you ever think that this improved morale contributes to the fighting spirit that has given the Marine Corps an edge over all it's enemies? This "belittling" has produced the following over the centuries of Marine existence:

The American Marines have it [pride], and benefit from it. They are tough, cocky, sure of themselves and their buddies. They can fight and they know it.
    General Mark Clark, U.S. Army

You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are.
    Father Kevin Keaney
    1st Marine Division Chaplain
    Korean War

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
    Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.
    RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995

My only answer as to why the Marines get the toughest jobs is because the average Leatherneck is a much better fighter. He has far more guts, courage, and better officers... These boys out here have a pride in the Marine Corps and will fight to the end no matter what the cost.
    2nd Lt. Richard C. Kennard, Peleliu, World War II

There was always talk of espirit de corps, of being gung ho, and that must have been a part of it. Better, tougher training, more marksmanship on the firing range, the instant obedience to orders seared into men in boot camp.
    James Brady, columnist, novelist,
    press secretary to President Reagan, television personality and
    Marine

The Marine Corps has just been called by the New York Times, 'The elite of this country.' I think it is the elite of the world.
    Admiral William Halsey, U.S. Navy

I am convinced that there is no smarter, handier, or more adaptable body of troops in the world.
    Prime Minister of Britain, Sir Winston Churchhill

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle.
    Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army
    Commander of American Forces in World War I

Michael P
    Totally disagree!

Everything done in Basic Training/Boot Camp is done for a reason: Weed out the weak.