Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Matt

If I had a bad experience with a rude salesperson at a store, how do I

complain to her supervisor by phone? What exactly can I tell her boss , because she was sarcastic, impatient and rude.

I would of placed a complaint in person only that the store is in another state.

lostone30
    I think you should have told the salesperson exactly what you have told us here: You are rude,impatient and sarcastic and left the store without buying anything. Sometimes people are so caught up in there own problems they don't even realize that they are being rude. But if it is still bothering you just call up the store ask to speak with the store manager and state the facts just as you have done here. Don't take it personally that she obviously was having a bad day and didn't handle it well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    IF she was really rude without help from you (were you being unpleasant too, be honest...) and IF you are sure she was not just having a one-off bad day and IF you really feel so passionately that you MUST do this thing to spread more negativity in the world, then go ahead and call and complain. But I offer you one piece of advice: complaining is an art. If you want the person to listen truly to you, speak calmly, articulately, describe the situation and what was wrong or bad about it. THEN offer what could have been good about it, what you were expecting. COMPLIMENT the store at the same time, e.g. "This is my regular store, as you can imagine, I love the furnishings there (or whatever) and the staff are generally so friendly, so you can imagine my shock to be treated by this service person in this manner on this occassion."

Ideally, what you should have done is address the salesperson in the moment. Ask them are they okay, they seem a bit upset... Salespeople are not robots - they are human beings too. You could turn around their whole day by showing a little kindness and sympathy, and thus creating a positive experience for the other customers to be served by them after you. Think of the good you could have done if you only thought about it with love, instead of anger or fear. Shame on you. Now you must learn from this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    IF she was really rude without help from you (were you being unpleasant too, be honest...) and IF you are sure she was not just having a one-off bad day and IF you really feel so passionately that you MUST do this thing to spread more negativity in the world, then go ahead and call and complain. But I offer you one piece of advice: complaining is an art. If you want the person to listen truly to you, speak calmly, articulately, describe the situation and what was wrong or bad about it. THEN offer what could have been good about it, what you were expecting. COMPLIMENT the store at the same time, e.g. "This is my regular store, as you can imagine, I love the furnishings there (or whatever) and the staff are generally so friendly, so you can imagine my shock to be treated by this service person in this manner on this occassion."

Ideally, what you should have done is address the salesperson in the moment. Ask them are they okay, they seem a bit upset... Salespeople are not robots - they are human beings too. You could turn around their whole day by showing a little kindness and sympathy, and thus creating a positive experience for the other customers to be served by them after you. Think of the good you could have done if you only thought about it with love, instead of anger or fear. Shame on you. Now you must learn from this.

balshalk
    tell the boss what happened without curseing etc. and they should fix it if not talk to there boss and so on....