Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it's really not safe to smoke or drink while pregnant, but to each his own

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't do it at all - your fiancee is completely uninformed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are some doctors who believe a glass of wine every now and then will not harm the baby. The problem is there is no way to research or test exactly how much is too much, or when during the pregnancy it would be okay.
    It could be that one glass a day is fine, or it could be that one sip a week is harmful. And it likely also depends on when you drink and what part of the baby is developing at that time. There is no way for researchers or doctors to test this without harming babies, which is obviously unethical.
    So that is why they say no amount of alcohol is safe during pregnancy. Basically, better safe than sorry.
    In my personal opinion, I could never drink when pregnant, because you're right. Everything I take in, the baby does as well. So the effect I would feel on my relatively giant body would be terrible for a relative tiny baby, even if it wasn't dangerous to the baby's health.
    My husband says the same thing. I just tell him that is why women get pregnant, and men don't! :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have heard it's safe if it's just a glass.

HOWEVER I would never even consider drinking during pregnancy. I don't think anyone should do it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    HELL NO WATEVER U DO DNT LISTEN TO HIM...MAYE HE'S TESTING YOU?

Downloads
    Uploads
    i have heard that its ok to have an occasional glass of wine. BUT at the same time, they still arent sure what amount of alcohol can cause problems for the baby.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My doctors have told me it was alright for the occasional glass. (one glass every so often, though I choose not to imbibe)
    What is alright for me may not be for you, if you prefer not to, don't drink! You're husband is right in that there are some who say very light use is alright, just don't get drunk and no hard liqueurs. (like tequila, whiskey, etc.)
    For those who said ONE glass will cause FAS, you're full of crap. There are women everywhere who have continued to drink for the first month and even longer because they didn't know about their pregnancies and went on to have perfectly healthy children. (I'm one of them)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, I don't believe that having an occasional glass of wine or beer during pregnancy will have any sort of catastrophic results. Of course, by occasional, I mean I'm talking 1/month. Fortunately, there's no one forcing wine down your throat, so if you don't want to drink it, you don't have to.

Downloads
    Uploads

I will never drink while pregnant, but my fiance says its safe to drink

sometimes. Arguing his point? Everything you take in to your body, the baby does as well.
    My mother drank and did drugs the entire pregnancy and I dont believe in even having a glass of wine a week.
    My fiance says that it is safe to drink every so often as long as you dont over do it.
    I really just wanna smack him and knock some sense into him.

But is he actually right?
    My fiance doesnt tell me to drink. We were talking about the subject and he just says its safe to have a glass of wine or a beer every so often. He doesnt encourage me to drink. I have a mind of my own. I asked this question to see how many people would agree with who.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have heard from doctors that a glass of wine once in a while when pregnant isn't going to hurt the baby. I accidentally had 3 glasses of wine in early pregnancy. I didn't know I was pregnant, as our little girl was a surprise. But they told me that was fine and it wouldn't do any damage.
    I myself believe the same that you do. I have not had any alcohol since then and won't even if I am told by a doctor that it is okay every once in a while. But, from what I have heard, it is okay in small amounts every so often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast