Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    summer

I want to scream at my mum..?

Ok so this might just sound like a good old winge about my mum but she just gets me so angry sometimes.

Were hardly close at all, i know my friends can talk to their mms about anything and everything but me and my mum barely even have a normal conversation.
    Becuase if we do it will turn out to be a small argument, And even if she is wrong about something and then she realises it she'll just make up some excuse... She wont even say sorry.

And just now i have had a really bad day at school and most of my mates have been crying plus im stressed out with school, i get home to finally be able to chill out and my mum is cleaning yet again. She cleans ALL the time and suddenly i have to blitz my room. She opened my draws and threw everything out of them telling me that i had to sort my clothes out. I think it was fine to be honest, its not like i dont fold them or owt.

I just want to cry and yell at her all the time

But i dont want us to be like this forever.. What can i do?
    Plus she is forever complaining about her job (Dinner lady) But wont make any attemps to find a new one.
    I Know this seems like im just moaning because i have to clean my room but.. Its more than that.. My mum is stressed ALL The Time..

Victorya 604○
    maybe you should try talking to her.
    reason things out.
    when your having a bad day jsut tell her to chill out and explain to her what shes doing.
    surprise her.
    tell her and ur dad (or anyone) to go and watch a movie.
    then when they get back have the house cleaned spotless and tell her you wanna chill for a while.
    organizze a night with your family (maybe even a whole day) where its [[just]] family no chores no cooking no nothing. just family.
    Hope it helps
    Email me if you wanna talk
    [email protected]

Victorya

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you are right, it s a good old teenage winge, moan, winge. Life is sooooooo unfair!

And school is sooo stressful. All that work to do and all that responsibility. Sooooo unfair

I have to clean my room, so much effort, life is soooo unfair.

moan winge, moan winge, moan,winge.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe she need professional help. It might not be a bad idea if you ask her if you can go talk to a couselor or something and then maybe it can turn into something you both can participate in. I know if my daughter felt this way I would want to know and if I could not resolve it on my own I would appreciate a professionals help. Life gets to hard sometimes that us mothers forget what is really important. A clean house seems important, but a good relationship with your daughter should be higher on the list.

Good luck, you are an intelligent child with a good heart, you will find a way!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you are right, it s a good old teenage winge, moan, winge. Life is sooooooo unfair!

And school is sooo stressful. All that work to do and all that responsibility. Sooooo unfair

I have to clean my room, so much effort, life is soooo unfair.

moan winge, moan winge, moan,winge.

nadia
    i know how you feel. that's like me and my mom.
    try and talk to her when both of you are in good moods and on pretty good terms. she'll listen alot better.
    if that doesn't work, talk to another adult about your problems. your dad, aunt, uncle, grandma, friend's mom- somebody!
    you're not alone. =]

Minh-Huy R
    This is how MY mom is, so trust me, I know what it's like... Here is a few ideas I've learned that helped me:

Show your appreciation towards her. She wants the best for you, but she has to have some sort of "pillow" to fall on if she ever gets frustrated. She is already stressed out with work and errands and everything else, it's nice if you take off some of that stress out of her.

Do well in school! Grades are important. It shows your mom what kind of future you are making for yourself. Giving her a good report motivates her to help you do your best! (It even makes her kind enough to get you gifts and other things too! ) But giving her a bad report brings her down. School isn't everything, but getting good grades is good for everyone right?

This is all I got so far. I'll come back if I have more!

The Great Zo
    Summer, i feel your pain too!
    my mum has that attitude too!
    you know the making up excuses and im pretty sure most of the time i can prove her wrong.
    She accuses me not doing any homework or assignments when i get straight A's. She is also obsessed with cleaning! I'm 14 and yes i am on the verge of becoming insane.
    But here's my advice; this is what i do,
    i tell my mum that i will only talk to her if her voice is calm and at an appropriate volume for conversation.
    if she continues to scream ignore her until she stops.
    Try to discuss with her, negotiate with her, maybe find out why she is always angry?
    Tell her you need your own space and your own private place and that you will clean your own room because its your room and you and only YOU should be taking care of it.
    Also i should throw in "Violence is never the answer!" Don't try and hit her because trust me that just digs you into a deeper hole!
    As for the stress from school maybe get a boyfriend a nice one who you can talk to and let your stress fall away from your hands! If your lucky you'll find someone who is really good as this!
    Good-luck and i wish you well, hope i helped.
    Always, stay true to yourself
    Zo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    dang, thats the exact same as my mom. i curse at her behind her back in other languges. but i forgave my mom b/c she was a stupid, uneducated idiot. when i grow up im gonna teach her to shut the hell up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    dang, thats the exact same as my mom. i curse at her behind her back in other languges. but i forgave my mom b/c she was a stupid, uneducated idiot. when i grow up im gonna teach her to shut the hell up.