Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need to rant/need advice?

I am currently a junior in hs, and ever since my freshman year I have been REALLY insecure. My self confidence went down alottt, so ever since then I think I have developed social anxiety. I have a really hard time making new friends and have a hard time holding a conversation with people I don't know. There are alot of people (mostly people that intimidate me-like popular people) that I can never carry a conversation with. I do much better in group settings, especially when I'm with my best friend. My best friend is pretty much my twin, except better. She's prettier, funnier, and way more outgoing. Even before I became so insecure, I was always a really jealous person. I'm always jealous of me best friend (who we'll call Amy) and feel sooo guilty about it because shes basically my sister. She's genuinly a nice person and is such a great friend, and whenever something goes good in her life, I feel really jealous. I can't help it, and I wish I wasn't this way. We are so close it's not even funny. She's the only person I can be COMPLETELY myself around, and if i'm with her in group settings, I can usually be myself/really outgoing. But if I'm meeting someone new/talking with someone one on one I'm really awkward (unless its with amy of course). This year, Amy started to be more outgoing and is making alot of new friends and I'm scared we're going to grow apart since I'm going to be going to a different school (i'm not moving, so we can still hang out). I just don't think I could handle drifting apart from her since we are SO CLOSE and she's the only one who really understands me. Any advice?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Copy and paste this to her.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guess what? There's something your best friend loves and adores about you. Don't compare yourself to what someone has, what someone looks like, their personality or anything. What is it that you like to do, you got as much potential as the next person, but just be yourself. The same person you are when you around your BF, is the same person you need to be around other people. (Fun, goofy, happy, whatever) Just be yourself. There's someone looking at your life that may want to be your friend.

Get out there and have fun, these are some of the best days you can have when your young.

You have an opportunity to be a role model to younger girls as well. Consider being a mentor for young girls, but out of anything else, be yourself, love you, and love your friendship and don't be afraid to make new friends. It's a blessing.