Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Thread: i need to rant?

Downloads
    Uploads

i need to rant?

First off, I'd like to say that, yes I know there are kids out there that have it much much worse than me. I'm just really frustrated.
    I'm an incoming junior in high school, so I was taking 1-4 PM SAT Prep classes for 8 weeks for the past 2 days. Now, because the enrollment is not enough for the afternoon program, I now have to take the 9-12 AM program. That's 8 weeks, getting up at 7:30 (earlier than I do for school) because the place is about 30 minutes driving distance. My mom got mad at me for sleeping so much even though I supposedly sleep at 12 AM everyday, but I just use my laptop in the dark till late mornings. I do this because well COME ON, it's summer! Who doesn't stay up late? I catch up with friends and stuff. And honestly, I haven't slept before midnight in about 3 years. My mom is highly suspicious of my acts at night because she's caught me before. Now she's making me sleep and turn in my laptop at 11 PM. I'm not only frustrated but mad because I'm teen&need FREEDOM! D:

I said I know that many people have it better than me! But you please, take it into my perspective. You're a teenage girl at almost 16 in the summer. You worked so hard during the school year and barely saw you friends outside of school. You work so hard throughout the year and looked forward to summer to have time to actually have some fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    PLEASE! I appreciate the need to rant...but believe me you don't have it bad.

I just turned 18....I work 7-5:30, have classes from 6-10, study from 10-12 and then do it ALL over again. I am lucky if I get to talk to any of my friends twice a week. On top of that, I don't even make a profit towards my account to pay for college because I'm too busy paying for gas, stuff for home, things I need for next year. You are still in hs enjoy it while you have it! YOU WILL MISS SLEEP LATER!!!

Junior Member imperfectionisbeautyye's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you know that you have to be at a certain place, at a certain time, then you should go to sleep earlier. That's common sense, and it's also showing that you're responsible. By sleeping in late, and getting off the computer at whatever time, you're not showing your mother that you deserve the laptop later then that, because she can't trust you staying on until a certain hour.

I agree with your mom on this.

Do you get weekends off? Because if you do, you could use that as plenty of time to catch up with your friends.