Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need people that share my beliefs to rant with me. I don't believe in...

...organized religion, and believe everyo? *ne is equal.

People on Yahoo!Answers have been making me mad.
    Everyone asking questions in the religion category is being bombarded with people of other religions telling them that they're wrong and are going to "go to hell" or something along those lines if they don't "change their ways."

I am not Atheist. I am undecided. Even when I find something to believe in, I will not subject myself to one religion. I believe we are all equal. Why can't everyone just accept the fact that not everyone is going to believe the same thing? Why can't people just accept each other? Not just people of other religions. Of other races. Of other sexualities.

Please people, don't take this as an attack. I support all beliefs. Just what I have been reading is TOO much.

It's okay to be religious. It's okay to be faithful, but it is NOT okay to treat others badly because they are not religious or faithful about the same thing you are.

There's a reason why there's more than one type of belief.
    Think about it.

I know I probably repeated several things, but I'm just ranting. I need to hear from people that know what I'm talking about.
    Okay I left something out.
    Atheism is a religion. So I am addressing all people when I say we shouldn't put each other down for believing differently. I was not only addressing people who believe in a higher power, I'm sorry for the confusion. And I am not looking for people to try and convince me to change my beliefs. That is actually what I don't like.
    To the people backing up what they say and believe and trying to prove me wrong with what their religion says,
    back off, please.
    What you are saying to me is completely irrelevant.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I believe we are all equal"
    Then you are out of touch with reality.
    My father is 30 years older than I am - we are not equal.
    My nephew is 30 years younger than I am - we are not equal.
    My sister is a millionaire - we are not equal.
    I am 64 - you're not - we are not equal.

And I haven't even started comparing myself to poor, abused and starving children all over the world with NO opportunities to change anything - we are NOT equal.

And...
    “Religion deserves no more respect than a sports team or a favourite food.”
    ~

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello there . . .

I --along with over 7 million others-- do not believe in man-made religion, its teachings,
    or in following man-made traditions. One of those man-made / unscriptural teachings is that of 'hellfire' / 'eternal torment':

"He who has died has been acquitted from his sin."---Romans 6:7
    ('Acquitted' = "declared not guilty; legally blameless")

"What Really Is Hell?"
    http://watchtower.org/e/20020715/article_02.htm

We believe that every human is equal in God's sight:

"We Are All One Family"
    - What Does Science Say?
    - The Bible’s Viewpoint
    http://watchtower.org/e/200911/article_01.htm

We believe that our Creator is the rightful judge of both individuals, and, religions . . .
    and that His understanding of matters is far greater than ours:

"Who Should Determine True Religion?"
    http://watchtower.org/e/200803/article_02.htm

Yes, God has *allowed* many beliefs to come about, but, he does not support those which are man-made & in opposition to everyone's best interests in the long run. He has allowed them for a purpose . . . to allow them to show that no matter what religious, political, or other thing they try, mankind always winds up falling on his face, because:

". . . To earthling man his way does not belong.
    It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."---Jeremiah 10:23

A legal precedent is thus being set that will ensure that once God has removed all the sources of pain & suffering, they will never have another chance to take root again!
    http://watchtower.org/e/dg/article_06.htm

". . .True worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth,
    for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him.
    God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth."---John 4:23,24

"The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is:
    Fear the true God and keep his commandments.
    For this is the whole obligation of man."---Ecclesiastes 12:13

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually if you have been following Y/A R/S then you will quickly see that most of the negative or attacking comments are not coming from believers saying "Go to hell" but from atheists usually saying how dumb believers are or how they are so much smarter than believers or believers cause all the problems in the world or other non-sense. Truthfully, believers are actually a minority on this forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    and your question is??

Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally agree with you. But to set the record straight, only God can condemn you to hell. No one else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With all due respect, you appear to be looking for sense where there is none.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I strongly suspect that you are going to be surprised to learn that the world's second-most widespread religion, the Baha'i Faith (founded in 1844)agrees with just about everything you've stated and very possibly everything. As far organized religion, I have yet to find anyone who has a problem with the way organized religions are organized that did not agree the Baha'i Faith has solved those problems. There are no clergy of any kind, no priests or preachers, we never pass the collection plate and even should a visitor offer to donate some money they will be politely refused. Visitors are honored guests and you do not accept money from an honored guest. If I may, I'm going to offer a short quote from Baha'i Scripture. I think it may resonate with you. And if you believe in world peace, what you think is likely or not, I would suggest you take a good look at the Baha'i's. You say you're undecided and the only way to decide is to investigate. Not just the Baha'i Faith but anything and anyone that claims to have truths.

A Bahá'í denies no religion; he accepts the Truth in all, and would die to uphold it. He loves all men as his brothers, of whatever class, of whatever race or nationality, of whatever creed or colour, whether good or bad, rich or poor, beautiful or hideous. He commits no violence; if he is struck he does not return the blow. He calls nothing bad….

(Abdu'l-Baha, Abdu'l-Baha in London, p. 56)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go with Christianity. The reality is that you will always have a friend in Jesus, when you do that. When people push and pull you in this or that direction, they will not hold themselves accountable when you find things to not be what those people say they are.