Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have a 1999 jeep cherokee limited and recently my ac has stopped blowing...

...hard out of the vents? it seems i can hear the fan blowing hard behind the dash but there is hardly any air coming out of the vents. any ideas? thank you
    also the air that is coming out is freezing cold so i don't think it's low on freon.

it blows just as weak in "recirculate" mode as it does in "fresh air" mode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your vehicle may be equipped with a cabin air filter that has become clogged. Consult your owner's manual or local dealership to see if it is so equipped. If not, it is likely that something is blocking the air intake to the blower motor. Does it blow just as weak in "recirculate" mode as it does in "fresh air" mode? The intake for fresh air is located outside the car on the passenger side under the plastic just in front of the windshield. Look down into the vent you will find there to see if it is full of leaves or debris. The recirculate intake is behind your glove box. Open your glove box and see if any papers have fallen behind and have been sucked into the system. If none of these things has solved your problem, you may be forced to have a repair shop find the source of the restriction. Good luck to you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you taken your jeep to a dealership or mechanic to check your air compressor? Your freon levels could be low. Freon is a simple coolant used in many air conditioning devices -- it's basically canned, cold air. In an older car, you may need to "recharge" your freon levels. I helped a friend add freon to his compressor a few months ago in a 1994 Cadillac, however if you don't plan on doing the work yourself I would suggest taking your jeep to a shop and check for any leaks in the A/C system, and your freon levels.

Good luck!