Wayne Rooney after the England - Algeria game, "It's good to see your home supporters booing you... that's what loyal support is" (or something along those line).

I don't hold any malice. Yes the England fans have a right to boo the team - esp after paying all of that money to fly out there and watch them. But Rooney's comments were born out of frustration.

A Cole on a social networking site "I hate England and all of the f**king people in it".

A Cole has had a torrid time of late. He has been stupid with his behaviour but us English fans have virtually lynched him. I'll bet most of that was because he played for a different team. Again, his comments are born out of the last six months of his life being abused. Walking around as a hate figure for bandwagon riders.

I don't blame them for being human - how many of us make mistakes? I also don't buy the whole "they should be a role model" argument. What you mean one comment makes them a bad role model? You mean by hiding these comments from children these suggestive young soles will grow up never to make a mistake or make a comment they later regret? B0llocks. What Cole did to his wife made him a bad role model. What Terry did made him a bad role model. But it doesn't mean they cannot become a good role model again.

What I will say to Rooney and Cole is look to how David Beckham handled being the country's hate figure. He stayed quiet and used the fans abuse as a motivator to have the best season of his career.

Q - Who seen Gerrard say he hates salt and vinegar crisps? LYNCH HIM!