Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do not like complaining - but should I make my concerns known?

I made a mistake and accidentally overdosed on my thyroid meds when my GP changed my Carbimazole from 5mg tabs to 20mg. I ended up takeing 4 x 20mg tablets daily.

My GP did bloods due to this, mid January, and sadi if I didn't get a call - to restart 20mg daily 5 days later.

Didn't get a call, so restarted tabs.

A week and a half ago I started feeling so slow, tired, cold and ill.

I phoned and the receptionist said there was no thyroid test result there for me, just a full blood count and as my GP was off ill, there was nothing she could do. I told her I felt really ill and the doc had done my thyroid bloods.

I phoned back last week and, the receptionist said the same - your GP is off! so I asked for an appointment that day and the GP I saw said my GP had forgotten to tick the thyroid test box for my bloods - I can accept this as an easy mistake to make. She says I have a pulse of 56. I am now waiting for my test results.

Shouldn't another GP have taken action on this - before they let me get too low? I get monthly thyroid tests, I had made a mistake with meds, my GP had thought he'd ordered thryroid tests - it's all on my records - or do they not look at my records/results if my GP is off?

I know my GP made a mistake, so did I, but my complaint/concern is if he is not there - is no one else going to look after my health.

Should I have a chat with the Practice Manager?
    I don't want to kick up a fuss - just have a word with someone to see why my care goes out the window when my GP is off.

We all make mistakes - I sure did - therefore, I can see how easy it was for my GP to tick the wrong box - the fact that no one else did anything about my results/concerns because my GP is off is my main issue. This horrible thyroid thing makes it difficult for people to decide what is appropriate to complain about sometimes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No harm in doing so is there?
    At least you will then have made your feelings clear - in a polite manner of course and they can then note it cant they?
    If they dont know they cant change system glitches can they?