Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

I am very unwelcoming to MIL, I scream "I can't stand you" through my

actions, why she doesn't get it? My mother in law is trying to make up for being such a loser for a parent. My husband raised himself along with his three sisters. His mom was busy out marrying 3 times, dating, experimenting, and God knows what else. I just don't like her as a person, and I want her to know that! She tries to be nice to me and I just want nothing to do with her. We've been married for 2 yrs. and just now she has keen interest in visiting us. She keeps visiting us over 5 times a month and it's getting old and annoying. Whenever my husband has a day off that she knows about, it's all about her. She calls him, says she'll be over, asks to go places with us, etc.

Why does my MIL think I'm welcoming when I'm not? If someone acted like me, I'd probably ignore them and not try to make nice anyways. She's fake around me and tries to be the perfect MIL and I'm not buying it.

Is this just part of her plot to annoy me even further? Does she even know what she's doing?

I literally bring out the broom and spray lysol after they touch things and right before they leave. I make them take off their shoes at the door and have a very strong sign on my door dictating that since they failed to do so before. And she still wants me to like her?
    No, she's not trying to be an adult. She's overstepping her mother in law boundaries. You see, when you get married, you're supposed to spend LESS time with your parents, not MORE.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you'll be divorced soon

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you should give the woman a chance. You can't punish a person forever, and anyways, it should be up to your husband to decide how much, if any, time he is willing to spend with his mother and if he is willing to try to build a relationship with her. Don't get in the way of that. And if your husband decides he wants nothing to do with her, HE should be the one to tell her, not you being mean and spiteful. The behavior you described seems quite immature on your part.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you're the one who's being rude. She probably realizes that she wasn't being a good mom, and she's trying to make up for it, but you won't even give her the chance to do that. She's your husband's mother; if you don't like her, then how will you get along with your husband? Sooner or later, a fight is going to surface between your husband and you because of her.

Edit: Well her son is gone, what would you do if you didn't have a spouse and your son was married off, too? The poor woman is lonely, stop being so rude to her and stop acting so childish.