Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to stop 4 mo. old Doberman whining! ?

He is 4 months old, and my dog wont stop whining when he is in the backyard. I take him for walks/runs first thing in the morning, but as soon as we get back and i put him outside, he starts whining. I can't get anything done, because he wants to be inside all the time. He does spend some time inside, about half the day. I tried correcting him with the spike collar when he whines but as soon as you walk away he continues.

Further Explanation: I work from home and the dog is always in the house with me. In the morning i take him and my other 4 month old Boxer Female on walks which i run and he follows me dashing alongside me. We run for about and hour, when i get back and want to take a shower he will whine, when im working and can't watch him then he whines. I take both dogs out at least 3 times a day, but like im hearing he just wants to be always next to me. I used the prong collar becuase thats what most people recommend. I heard that the choke collar wasn't good and regular collars pulled on the trachea. If this isn't true what should i use?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some dogs don't enjoy being isolated in the backyard. Dogs are social animals and require a lot of work - especially 4 month old puppies. Your dog is whining because he is unhappy, and you go and punish him with a spike collar, which I'm just guessing makes him more unhappy. Try putting one of those things on YOUR neck and see how it feels.

A 4 month old puppy is going to need a lot more exercise than just walks/runs in the morning. He's going to need that at least 2 or 3 times a day. When he gets a little older he will calm down and stop bugging you so much.

In the meantime, start exercising your dog more unless you want a dog with mental problems later on. Or, you can give your dog to someone who can meet his needs.