Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How should I handle my bridesmaids' complaining?

My sister is my best friend and my maid of honor for my wedding. The problem is that she won't stop complaining about details that I chose.

She hates the bouquets I've made and has said that they look cheap.

She has made mean comments about the centerpeices I made.

She doesn't think the song that I picked to walk down the isle to will "work" and doesn't like the fact that I want 3 isles instead of 1, so that the bridesmaids can walk down together.

She insists that I have a framed picture for my guests to sign instead of a guestbook, even though I don't want a framed picture.

I could continue. She hardly likes anything I do, and it's really making me feel negative about my wedding. She is the only family member that I have for support (my mom's an addict) and I desperately want her to be a part of the process, but I'm feeling so drained by her negativity.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? What should I do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going to have to be firm here and say that it is NOT your sisters wedding!

She needs to back off, and let you live your special day happily.

I'm also afraid to tell you this but you will have to be the one to tell her to back off.
    She can't treat you like that when it is your special day, and thus your decisions. You tell her " I appreciate your concern, but I love my flowers, the song DOES work, and I would love it if you would support me instead of bring me down. It's my special day, let me live it.'