I just bought a puppy, and of course, I have your typical "First Night" puppy issues. Meaning he's whining a lot. My question is this; both myself and my fiance work in the morning from 9:00AM-5:30PM (We usually leave the house at about 8, return at about 6). so he's going to spend at least 10hrs by himself after we feed him and take him out the first time before we get home to feed him and take him out again..We already understand that our bathroom will literally be his bathroom while we're at work until he can learn to hold it.... I want to be able to hope that hes' not whining loudly while we're out to disturb the neighbors in our apt complex (Yes, I know...complex for a dog are usually not a good idea). Anyway, I've read tips online where ignoring him when he whines so he can realize that it doesn't guarantee my appearance will cause him to grow out of it...

Are there any other tips I can use?
First off of all to Rosale, I'm not sure who you think you are but obviously your answer WAS NOT what I was looking for. I'm not neglecting the puppy at all, but I do have a job that I work 8 hrs a day. I plan on giving on giving him plenty of love when I am around. My question was simply pertaining to when he's alone and at night. So stop trying to be holier than thou and offer up some help rather than criticize.
Well, I do thank you all for the help..After taking him to the bathroom at 1 this morning, I moved his bed into our room and although he wined a lil bit, he actually stopped a mere seconds later. I'm hoping to start a very consistent schedule with him starting tommorow in regards to his breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as go times in hopes he develops habits.

Unfortunately, a pet sitter isn't something that we have around this area..but I'm sure I'll be able to work something out once he gets accostumed to schedule :-)