Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Screamin' Chris

How do you scream sing or death grunt?

I have been listening to screamo and death metal for ever and i have always wanted to sing like that but i dont know how to do my voice like that. How do they do it?

Il Ragazzo
    Most of the time, it is the distortion of the microphone that really gives the screaming that "oomph."

Also, when you attempt to do the scream, cupping your closed hands around your mouth and screaming into them makes sort of a chamber for the sound the utilize, which makes the scream sound much more vicious than it is.

To me, the art of screaming is largely based on perception. There is a woman named Melissa Cross who is a vocal instructor that has put together a method of screaming that really has worked for several major bands.

She has a DVD called "The Zen of Screaming" that is incredibly helpful and popular. I do believe there are several videos of it on YouTube, just type in "The Zen of Screaming" into the search bar.

Otherwise, order the full DVD, and I can only imagine that it would be incredibly helpful.

Good luck!

muahaha97
    pretend your a girls getting raped
    lol, im serious