Okay, so I have this whining dog that whines all the time where she's supposed to sleep in the family room. The family room is really big and we just want her shut in there. Why does she keep whining and scratching at the door? My mom doesn't care if he sleeps in the family room, but my dad does. Also, he whines A LOT when he's alone? How do I make him stop whining when he's alone? My mom is making him stop sleeping in our rooms. So sleeping with him is NOT an option. Even if we close our doors, he'll probably scratch our doors. Please help me? He doesn't like to be alone at all times.

Please understand that he is not sick and he's two years old. Is it normal? He only whines when he is left alone.
Oh and the thing is that she doesn't care to be cuddled. She just needs a person there. But when we leave the house, she whines, ALOT!
Actually, it's my brother and mine's dog. She love my brother more even though it's gone with his friends a lot. But I'm talk about the dog wouldn't care at all if it was left with a stranger. It just can't be alone. How can I stop this?
Sorry it's a girl.
We just got her yesterday and she slept in my brother's room.
My mom won't allow her to sleep there anymore.

She wants to leave it in the living room though.
Don't worry, she NEVER whines when we're around her. Only when we go away. I'm going to try to tie her to a leash in the living room so we know if she pooped or not. Keep the answers coming guys! I seriously need help!
Actually, the radio is really loud. She's so smart, she can actually TELL if it's human or not. I can't buy toys today, but I can tomorrow. I guess I just have to make do.