Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I stop my dog from always whining?

Our family dog whines all the time. We'll all be watching a TV series or something, and he'll just come in and start whining! He seems to be doing it for no apparent reason and he will not stop no matter how much we yell at him. He'll come in the kitchen while we're eating, stand on the other side of the room, and start whining. He'll come in my room while I'm doing homework and start whining. Why?? How do I make him stop??

We also have another younger dog of the same breed, but she is smaller and can climb into peoples' laps and takes all the toys. She has established herself as the alpha dog, and she probably gets more attention than him. We've started praising him whenever he comes into a room (if he isn't already whining) and it makes him happy. But then he starts bothering everyone for more attention, and if he doesn't get it, he starts whining again...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ignore him and he'll learn that it wont get him attention. Take him out of the room and say "no" then walk away. If he starts again do it again and when he stops praise him. Good luck