Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member Brian_Urlacher_54's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I scream correctly/confidently?

I am in a band, and right now im just doing normal vocals but i was just messing around on the bus and 1 person compared me to the screaming in 'Diamonds Arent Forever' by BMTH, and another said i sounded like Bullet for my valentine.

I can only do it if i get hyper because i dont wanna sound bad and kinda have a comfortable thing when im hyper.

I really wanna be able to scream so we can incorporate that into songs.

I kinda want an ivan moody type thing if possible lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This screaming phenomenon is really neat to me. I heard a band the other day that was like Lynyrd Skynyrd on speed and their singer was a screamer. My grandson has been at it for about a year now and he started inhale screaming which I think sort of built up his stamina. I notice most screamers drink a lot of water and acid stuff like sports drinks and energy drinks while they scream. They also push really hard from the gut instead of the throat.
    I think the group's name was Maylene.
    You might watch singers from Devil Wears Prada who have been screaming a few years to see how they do it.
    You might check out others in Moody's league like Manson, Slipknot and others.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tremendous insight in this question. Great presence of mind.

Start at the lowest part of your adominal cavity...

As the primal scream begins to vibrate as it rises up to the lungs, you must "become one with the scream"

As the unintellible bellow reaches your throat, you must try to hit the highest pitch humanly possible...dogs should bark, glass should break, women faint, and small children will fill their pants.

When the scream reaches your mouth, give it the largest possible exit. Your lips should be stretched so far back that they become entangled with your ears.

Practice this late at night on the streets. DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME! In public, always in public.