Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I get my dog to stop whining/barking when he doesnt get his way?

I work from home so not every moment of the day is play time, which is hard to explain to a 7month old pit bull! If i tell him to lay down and he doesnt want to, or he wants to play at that second and I cant he just sits there and whines and barks and scratches at me. And Ive tried ignoring him but it doesnt work and can go on for hours, if I tell him no he thinks its play time and starts pouncing and jumping, Ive tried a kong filled with everything and frozen but it lasts for a very short period of time and then hes off to find something of mine too chew. He only does this when my boyfriend isnt home with him he listens and I am just as firm with him. Its hard because since I work from home and am around him basically 24/7 I wish hed listen to me and I need help! Please!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure if this works for dogs, but it works for cats. When a dog bites, whines, or barks when he shouldnt, spray him with a squirt bottle, look at him straight in the eyes, and tell him not to do that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    since he is a puppy this shouldnt take long to cure but you have to keep doing it. when your puppy starts bothering you take the lesh and put it on him and lock in another room when he is quite and calm take him out. and but if he keeps doing it you have to keep putting him in that room. or his crate but as soon as he is calm take him out