Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I get my 12 month old to stop screaming and hitting?

Its this horrible high pitched scream, it sounds like someones hurting him or something, He does this constantly. He also will hit people in the face or if he's not around anyone he will just hit himself in the face or bite his own arm. He always screams, but he only hits when he is mad. My son gets so mad, so easily, like if I try to get him to talk and say real words, he hits, or if I won't let him have something he wants. I just don't know what to do because he is to young for time out, I tried putting him in his playpen for a minute but it did nothing. How do I control his horrible temper?

Downloads
    Uploads
    is he is pain? Maybe a trip to the doctor is in order to make sure that everything is ok with him. He doesn't have many words and may not be able to tell you if he hurts. You also need to tell the doctor about this behavior. In detail.

He is NOT too young for time out. Put him in his room and shut the door. He can come out when he is through screaming. He is in an intense learning place and if he figures out that no one is watching he may stop. Kids crave attention. they crave structure and boundaries. being in his room by himself is not going to hurt him. Don't put him his crib, just in his room and tell him
    When you can stop screaming and hitting you can come out. Kids scare themselves with temper. They have to learn _they_ have to find oout how to calm down.

Sometimes, cocooning can help. wrapping him tightly in a small blanket and rocking him may help too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all he is 12 months 1 year he is not to old for time out he can go there for 1 min! A child has to be hit or see hitting to know how to hit if that makes sense. Do you spank him? does the baby sitter spank him or does the baby sitter spank other children around him? when he bites him self tell him that that's biting and its wrong your words are more powerful then anything also when he screams what do you do? Do you tell him to stop? Do you yell back? One thing that I found help full (oh yeah I have 4 kids and my first one acted like yours does) is to walk away don't show him any attention at all when he screams walk in to another room or put him in another room make sure you can NOT be seen or heard it will be hard but it will work you just have to stay on it YOU have to be incontrole there is nothing wrong with him or you. You are still a good mom.

God Bless

Downloads
    Uploads
    let him tantrum out ..shun him