Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member porcelina_ofthevastocean's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I complain about my racist boss?

I work for a very small company. My boss is the owner of said company. There is no HR department. All complaints would go to him. He is always making racist jokes about Latinos (I am half Mexican), among many other races and I am just tired of it. I have told him once that I don't appreciate it, but it still happens. Also, he is always bringing up politics, making me feel uncomfortable because I don't agree with him.

What should I do? Finding another job in this economy is NOT AN OPTION. Besides, I love my job. I am just tired of this crap.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't be so sensitive. Your boss is an ignorant, bigoted d*ck and no matter what you do it will never change his attitude...and could only make it worse if you complain.

My blood runs Irish and I can't tell you how many times that Irish people get remarks made that are stupidly stereotypical.

I get the following:
    I must be an alcoholic because I'm Irish
    I must like to fight because I'm Irish
    I must be lazy because I'm Irish
    I must be crooked because I'm irish
    I cannot be trusted because I'm irish
    I'm a barbarian because I'm Irish

I have even heard someone call my people (please excuse the derrogatory slang but I'm typing to make a point here)...a n*gger turned inside out...I've heard that the Irish are a different race (that we're Euro-n*ggers)...there's tons of them, each one ignorant and worthy of a slap but I try to put myself beyond that and ignore it. Believe it or not (this is a good one for sure!) I even experience anti-semitism because the Irish are said to be one of the Lost Tribes of Israel. See what stupid people think? I know it's hard but that's what we have to live with even though both you and I...and countless other non-Caucasian ethnicities are the ones who built this country and toiled to create the infrastructure. Just because my skin is white doesn't mean I'm a Caucasian...so few people are aware that Irish people are classified as a different race than "white".

As unfortunate as it is, the only thing that you will succeed in is losing your job and getting blacklisted from other possible job prospects.

Show him (and every other bigot out there!) that you might be *insert whatever ethnic stereotype in here that applies or not* but at least in your culture you're taught to respect others.

Take the high road on this one sweetie...I know it's annoying but ignoring him is really the best thing you can do without causing yourself hardship.

Sorry you're going through with that but here...

*HUGS* from a drunken, lazy Mick to a taco eating river swimmer ) We built this country and damnit, if we want we have the power to tear it down! Take comfort from knowing that!