I recently moved into a lovely old house with loads of character. I'm enjoying the house, but the neighbors are really annoying. We have three dogs, and I expected that they would bark a bit until they got used to the area. They come in and out and I did my best to go out in theyard with them the first week and make them stay calm. Many neighbors behind us have barking dogs and people are often arguing loudly, so it's hard to do sometimes. My dogs are used to a more rural setting and all the noise is new to them. I'm happy to say that after a few weeks, they have stopped barking unless there is a really loud noise or a very upset dog around. However, my neighbors complain that they are too loud and they shouldn't be in OUR yard so much. Our yard is fenced in, and the neighborhood dogs bark constantly, unlike ours. Our dogs bark here and there like I said, and they come inside most of the time. I have just been ignoring them. Anyone with suggestions?

They neighbors also complained about us having no curtains up for the first 2 days after moving in. We moved from a small house to a house with 38 windows, so we had to buy curtains. We didn't do anything wrong that I can see. The neighbors seem like they are just drama-filled, nasty people. I hate that I live in the center of it now. Grrr.