Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

how to deal with 4yr old whining in public?

my 4 yr old boy has been doing this whining thing in public, it is hard to ignore him in public, and its quite embaressing..

he only whines when he wants something obliviuosly..i do not buy him something everytime we go somewhere...so i dont know why he has started this..

also, i have started a reward chart for him for 3 chores and he gets a sticker..this works well, he has to wash his hands, pick up toys and make bed...
    i do spank my child, and he generally listens, its just in public i dont feel i should spank him or embaress him or myself by publicaly disiplining him. i have taken him out of the store. why should i buy him something EVERY time i go shopping? then expects it....

Downloads
    Uploads
    the chart, you can make them magnets and tell him that if he doesnt behave you'll take one off, but if he does behave you give him to. You could also try saying that if he whines you'll take one toy away for a week