Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can I stop my sun conure from screaming?

I have a one year old sun conure, and we just moved two weeks and he has not stopped screaming... we checked his health, and have tried everything to comfort him. He doesn't seem throw off by the move though??

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a sun conure as well. the only thing that would stop him from screaming is putting a blanket over his cage and making it dark. It calms birds to be in the dark.
    If you really like your conure and want another one that could work too. Keep an eye on their compatibility if you decide to get another. Misery loves company.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the floor plan different in the new house? Is he unable to see you as much as he was able to before. Did you move him away from a window he was use to looking out to hold his interest... or maybe sit him near a window that he is now suddenly over stimulated by seeing the sun shine, blue sky, and green grass? Has your family been so busy with the move that he feels neglected? Just try and pay a little extra attention to him while he settles in. Maybe get a few new toys, or some special treats to give him if he is quiet. If all that fails.. my fail proof method is to tell my bird he is a bad bird! Then I put a dark blanket over the entire cage for a few minutes. I take it off, ask him if he is going to be a good boy, and give him a treat. If he screams we do it all over again. The more screaming the longer the blanket stays on... Just make sure that your house is not too hot to completely cover his cage. If it is you could move his cage into a dark room like the bathroom if it is cool.