Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you use the rule of thumb that a puppy can hold its bladder for one hour per month of age, it makes sense that your 6 month old puppy would need to go out after 6 hours in the crate. I think the one hour per month of age is a good guideline.

Cut him some slack and adjust your schedule to suit your puppy's urgent needs. You might consider setting an alarm to wake yourself up before the puppy gets too uncomfortable and starts disturbing your roommate. Of course, as the puppy gets older, you can adjust the alarm time to suit the age of the puppy.

It's not as difficult as having a baby, but don't forget that your puppy is still a baby and has needs that are different from an adult dog's needs.

Downloads
    Uploads

How can I get my dog to stop whining in his crate?

My dog is about 6 months old and I have had him "crate-trained" for the past 3 months. He is mainly in the crate while I am at work and at night while I am sleeping.

He is pretty good in the crate at night, up until about 5-6 hours he starts to whine. Sometimes it's not bad but sometimes it wakes both me and my roommate up.

I have read that it's good to ignore them, that way I won't be rewarding the behavior. However, after 3 months of interrupted sleep, it's getting harder to ignore and my roommate has requested I get rid of the dog.

Help!

Downloads
    Uploads
    get rid of the crate, how would u like being crated? find it a better home where a crates not needed, duh