Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

how can i argue my case to appeal the courts decision to send me to a juvenile

program for up to a year? im 18 years old, and i got arrested for possesion when i was 17. i then messed up on probation and failed a drug test. they now have decided to send me to a program for up to a year...but i have a chance to appeal that decision. i have a lot going for me, so i dont know why they would try and send me away. im 18, i have a full time job, i live on my own, i pay my own bills, and im saving money for college, and im so far past my drug use, that i dont understand why they would try and send me away with all the kids who rob people and steal stuff lol. it just seems like a huge halt on my life, when i have so much going for me now. any help or advice would be appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't seem to be all that far past your drug abuse if you messed up and used. They are trying to save you from yourself. If you are going to appeal, you better have an alternate sentence in mind because they aren't going to just let you skate. You could see if there is a work release drug program such as a sober living house where you can go and still keep your job.

They want to make sure you have the best chance of staying clean and sober.

You need to find a lawyer to file the appeal It needs to be done very quickly. You often only have 30 days. Best to contact the lawyer who represented you in the first place.