Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help! My Kitty Hates me! She hisses and screams and scratches me.?

I dont know what to do she is 8weeks old and barely got her, but hates to be alone. She wants me in the room at all times but hates when i pet her...HELP!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like you may have a kitten that came from an unsocialized mama (stray or feral.) Do you know the kitten's background? It still is at a good age to learn that it can trust you. You will need to be very patient, slow, and calm with the kitten. Don't make any sudden moves or do things that will startle her. Try to get her to come to you! Lure her with food, play with her with toys, interact with minimal physical contact at first. Run the television or radio when you are not around. It allows the kitten to become more comfortable with human voices and noises. As she becomes more trusting and approaches you more often, increase the amount of petting and touching...but let her be more of the initiator.

E-mail if I can help more...I'm just shotting from the hip here...guessing that she was not socialized properly by previous owner. I have lots of good tricks but not sure if I'm on track with your situation.