Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hardcore Screaming vs. Metal Screaming Technique?

Hey, I scream for a progressive/death/almost metalcore band. I usually do the ridiculous metal highs (zao, haste the day, suicide silence, carnifex) and the crazy deathmetalish lows (origin, carnifex, suicide silence, job for a cowboy) and can get in between sometimes, like old august burns red. That's pretty cool... but I'd like to make my stuff a little more dynamic. Like With Blood Comes Cleansing's last two frontmen.

They could do the crazy metal stuff I can do, but they could also do the hardcore-style screams (a la Oh Sleeper, The Chariot, As Cities Burn, even Comeback Kid).

I would REALLY like to be able to do that and I simply cannot figure out how. My voice is pretty deep--maybe that's the problem? When I do the crazy metal screaming I put a lot of distortion into my voice (not with a pedal, with my freaking voice box).. do I need to not distort it as much?

Anyone have tips on how to sound more...human and maybe passionate instead of a scary and aggressive? Thanks!

Unregistered
    Dude someone answer this guy! I have the same exact problem. Actually, my problem is so much like his that I would've even described it the same way and used the same bands as examples. I NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO scream like that. The only thing I'm really lacking is the hardcore mid. I already have awesome lows, tough lows, emo highs, and black metal highs.

I just need the mids.