Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mommybourne

Happy screaming all day long !!?

So my 5 month old just started this great new thing where she screams bloody murder at the top of her lungs for no apparent reason at all. She usually does this while she is smiling and playing, or just hanging out in the stroller at the store, or jumping in her jumperoo, or when she wakes up in her crib. It doesn't interfere with naps or mealtime, It is totally a play scream and not a cry of frustration or anything. I am not totally worried but it is very ear-piercing. She has only been doing it for a couple of days so I am wondering if this is a new-found talent and she will get over it in a couple of days or if she is just going to shriek all day long (I hope not ). Obviously when she is 5 months old she doesn't get what "no no" means and I am not sure what to do!!

Anyone ever experience this? What happened or what did you do!

She never cries though, and never did when she was a newborn, so is this my payback? hehe

aimee_id
    My daughter did that too right about that same age. It didn't last very long, and I'm pretty sure she only did it because she discovered she could. I thought it was kind of funny (and startling at times) and left her be and she was on to new discoveries after a few days. Aren't babies funny little creatures.

Bessy J
    OMG my son is 4 1/2 months and is doing the same thing. i think its just hem figuring out they can "talk"!!! it is very ear peircing and anoying at times. i cant remember my oldest some doing this. but im sure it will go away in a couple of weeks (i hope) i dont know how much of this i can stand

mattswife07
    Aww the baby has really discovered its voice.. It should'nt last too long.. but if it bothers you that much try not to pay so much attention to it, cause then the baby might do it just to get your attention.keep tylenol on hand for yourself good luck

new_mom
    My son started that last week (nearly 5 month).Now he loves it so much he uses it for everything,whether he's happy or hungry or simply bored. It is so confusing. Now if he is hungry he doesn't cry....he just shrieks,and it takes me a few moment to understand 'ok he is not happily scremaing' lol!
    But at least it has some positive effect,now he cries less often!
    Regards.

mystic_eye_cda
    It usually lasts a few weeks... but it doesn't go away completely.

The less you react the better -but frankly she enjoys it enough that she doesn't do it for your reaction.

Downloads
    Uploads
    lol...sorry, your wording was funny! i'm guessing if she's happy, then it's just a new found talent. hehe if you ignore it, maybe she'll stop. good luck

mumzie.moo50
    she can probably hear herself now so she keeps screaming to hear herself . my son does it still he's 8.5 months .
    good luck for them early mornings of chatting way to them selves. that's if she is in your room. my son co-sleeps with us and most morning he wakes up at6am constantly sing mam ma mam ma Dada Dada over and over until we wake up if not he screams at top of lungs.xx

Downloads
    Uploads
    lol...sorry, your wording was funny! i'm guessing if she's happy, then it's just a new found talent. hehe if you ignore it, maybe she'll stop. good luck

GagesMomColie
    She discovered her voice!! yay!! :P. My son does it, it's a fun thing. He is starting to grow out of it though and now he is trying to climb out of his Bumbo to grab toys 5 feet away. He is 5 months old and started the screaming thing at 4 months. Give her things to chew on. tHe new textures in her mouth will probably stop the desire to scream.
    But if it doesn't help, let her do it, it is vital to developing language skills as obnoxious as it may be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast