I'm only 14, but this still REALLY angers me.
This advert http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqFZTIkJVXc&feature=related
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT?!

What are they saying, ONLY white people are racist? That's complete bull! What happened with the slave trade and things happened years and years ago. Now look, one of the most powerful people in the world is a black man. If that's not equality, I don't know what is.

I mean, yes, racism is horrible and shouldn't be tolerated, but that advertisement is making it seem like it is only white people who are racist, and only black people who are victimised. WRONG. In my school, a while kid gets picked on by black kids. It seems like everyone is willing to overlook that, though. What is it then, payback?!

What annoys me the most is that in history, when we are learning about the slave trade and the cotton farms, everyone looks around and stares at me and the rest of the white kids in class. What happened back then has NOTHING to do with this generation of white people! Why should they be so insulted, and give me dirty looks, when I had NOTHING do to with it?!

A couple of days ago, we had a debate in school about are black people and white people ever going to be equal. Nearly every single black person in the class said no. They said that white people have been in control for so long that everything is basically set in stone now. WHAT?! Are you SERIOUS?!

Black History Month in school. I do respect it, and I enjoy learning how black people such as Rosa Parks shaped history because of their bravery, but the same thing happens. I get dirty looks. I get people starting at me. What have I done?! I know its showing appreciation for what black people have done for this world, but now my school has brought out 'Asian history week' and stuff. What about White History Week, or even day? Not everything we have done is bad. I don't see why white people are getting such blame, when its obvious the world is levelling out.

Whats your opinion on this?
Thanks. And I am sorry if I have seriously offended anyone by saying this. I'm just venting.
Max S - Yeah, I can see where you are coming from, but I mean, it seems as if the black people in my school think the only way to make things right is for everything to be completely flipped and white people working as slaves, and blacks in high power. I mean, we're teenagers living in 2009. They have no right to be having such harsh opinions. If they had to go though what the slaves did, I would see their point and respect their points more, but they haven't, so they shouldn't start making accusations at white teenagers.
Kik - Thats EXACTLY what I mean. People HAVE to start forgetting and letting go. It's came and past. Things are so much fairer now.