Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Got any advice on college stress coping skills (WARNING: pretty long, kind of a

rant)? Here's a little bit of info: I'm a sophomore engineering student at my university (becoming a junior next semester) who is also pursuing a minor in English. I have very difficult classes such as Calculus 1 and Computer Science, and I have a presentation coming up for my English class. I hate math (only when it's hard to understand), I'm not looking too good in my COSC class (I've scheduled a meeting with my teacher to discuss whether I should drop it or not), and my face easily turns red when nervous and I ALWAYS get nervous in front of an audience (it helps if there has been practice ahead of time, but it's nightmarish if it's impromptu seeing as I once got a panic attack a few days ago because of that). I've been reconsidering changing my major or quitting college because I'm tired of all the stress that's been happening lately, but I don't want to give up just because of adversity and I want to get a good career since I'm nearly halfway done with my undergraduate years. But then again, all this stress seems to be killing me!

On top of all that, I have a tendency to ramble when I'm in a bad mood (which is kinda what I'm doing right now) and I am somewhat girl-crazy.

I really felt like getting that off my chest, and I don't like sharing this with my friends because I hate showing this side to them (not that I don't trust them or anything, but I might regret it later on from embarrassment since I'm normally not like this).

Can anyone help me? If this question is too vague and you want more info to help me out (assuming anyone actually wants to help), feel free to send me a private message or some other means of communication.

Downloads
    Uploads
    College....not easy. Truthfully, if I knew what to tell you I would haved saved myself the trouble of stressinng out. I totally understand what you are saying. I mean besides the usual, take a break, don't wait till the last minute, see a tutor, talk with your teacher, ask for help, study more, read the chapter twice, etc. it's like someone dropped you in this hole and there is no way of getting out. I don't recommend dropping out. But at least think about this. Do you like the classes you are taking. You meantioned about switching your major, sometimes you find out halfway into that you really just hate what you thought you would love. It took my six years to get my bachelors. I hated my first major and I wound up dropping out for a year after almost failing. I stayed out for a year, went back, changed my major, and madde A's and B's. If you are REALLY burnt out then maybe you need a real break. Like take off a semester. Or if it is the major that's getting to you maybe you should like at other major's that you'll somewhat enjoy.