I've been friends with this girl in college for like 2 months now. We've had some deep conversations and talked quite a few times. But just a few days ago she started talking to me about this guy who was a jerk she kept falling for and all that stuff, and I began to realize that basically she wanted to talk to me whenever she needed to vent about something, and whenever I wanted to talk to her, she'd always be busy with something. Now she's all the way in Asia and a few days ago wanted to skype with me concerning how she's falling for a jerk but can't help it, and when I told her I couldn't talk that day she seemed annoyed about how a friend like me could not always be there for her. When I told her later that she was never there for me all the time like I was for her, she said that if I wanted to be friends I should give it another chance. But what concerned me what that I was not going to the guy she goes to for advice about dating other guys- I just don't allow people to treat me this way. I told her if she wasn't going to appreciate what I had already done for her I would be happy to find other people who did appreciate me more. She didn't reply back. I feel this was the right reaction at the moment but I wonder if there's anyway I could have handled this better? I wouldn't have minded being friends but really not if she was going to vent with me about how she likes other guys. I'm not a doormat to be stepped on.