Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Garbage disposal is wired into open electrical outlet down thru basement. Dryer

is not vented outside? Garbage disposal is wired into open electrical outlet down thru basement. Dryer is not vented outside, which is in the basement also, right next to this outlet. There is excessive lint from the dryer all over this open outlet that doesnt have a cover and the live electrical big thick white wire that you wire a house with is split down the middle then the raw metal part is inserted into each side of the outlet for the garbage disposal. If I pull this out to disconnect it will it spark? Shock me? Catch on fire? I want to do this because I am afraid it is going to catch on fire from all the lint. Is that possible also?

I rent and I know the dryer should be vented, however it is all glass block windows and landlord has yet to fix it so please dont tell me to vent the dryer. thanks

Junior Member nedree@verizonenet's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    vent the dryer.important.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dryer lint is just like a fuel, very flammable. Make the landlord fix it. That is a very dangerous situation. If he won't, report the problem to your local fire department. They will see he does fix it.