Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

A flight I booked way in advance is now substantially cheaper - do I have a...

...right to complain/get a discount? Right, I've booked a trip to NY and have done everything tailor made to how I want it. This has included going onto AA.com direct and booking flights with them in their "sale" for £349 return back at the end of July. I've now searched today (10 days before the flight) and the prices have dropped almost £100 - surely I should be rewarded for booking in advance rather than being ripped off?! Do I have any grounds for a complaint or is it just tough luck on booking a flight which is obviously hard for them to shift tickets for.
    To Ralph below who stated "This type of 'I know my rights' sort of question irritates me, when the person has clearly not thought of any logical objectivity, only their own self-rightious standpoint."

If I knew my rights, I wouldn't be on here asking the question. The difference between your example and mine is that I'm yet to get what I paid for. If I took the flight back in July and was angered that the price went up for a flight now that'd be differerent. I know it's tough luck but was just mildly curious as to whether there were any precedents or AA operated any lowest price policy or if anyone had any luck with such a claim in the past. I've known people to book last minute tickets and pay 3/4/5 times the price of an early-booked ticket as it was an almost if not already fully booked flight. I figured trips to NY would be in high demand at this time of year and with the dollar in it's current state (albeit it has improved recently). Thanks everyone so far for your answers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Flight tickets can go up or down in price depending on demand. Sometimes you're better off booking in advance, sometimes, as in this case, you're not.

Unless you have a refundable ticket you really can't do anything. Sorry...