Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it fair to complain about people hired after me and in a lower position

making more money then me? I found out today that there are a couple people that got hired in the last month and a bit making more money then I am, even when they are in a lower job position with far less experience than me.

My performance reviews are consistently "excellent", so I do feel that the rate at which they are being paid is fair for me.

Would it be acceptable to bring this up, it is unfair being I am even in a higher job position.

Could I say I found out through the "grapevine", in reality someone left their pay stub on the crew table and I could not help but see it. And I have heard rumors about this, but that just confirmed it for me.
    This is a part time job at a restaurant, and your wage is not something that is required to keep secret or anything.
    I probably would not say anything if I felt I was being paid fairly. But they pay me as little as they can always get away with and don't even reward you the proper raise when you get reviewed. Minimum wage is $8 were I live, I am making $8.85, the other people are being paid $9, but I feel I at least do $9 in work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i wouldn't even mention that you know others are getting paid more then you in a lower position. i would just say that based on your reviews etc, you feel that you deserve a raise.