Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

F My life, Need to Vent Feel Like A Failure.?

I just found out that I had a food allergy.

Throughout my life since middle school I had tons of gas, bloating, and problems moving my bowels. I thought this was normal. This extremely negatively impacted my life. I struggled to get through the day in middle school and high school and would not participate in sports, have friends, or anything beyond the minimum cause my stomach was such a problem. I was also fat as a kid probably due to this.

My stomach problems got very bad during college. Imagine farting in class and knowing you were going to fart during class. I would be stressed and embarrassed during class and stressed out thinking about future class. I could not concentrate and as a result I failed a few classes and could barely get through college. I struggled with my grades due to this for all four years.

During my freshman year at college I starved myself so I wouldn't have to deal with my stomach problems. I was no longer fat but got so many compliments being thin that I went way overboard and starved and over exercised to stay thin. I think I was anorexic.

I spent four years at college starving myself, overexercising, stressing out, and never having ANY fun. Threw what could have been the greatest years of my life in the garbage.

My IQ was tested and apparently I have a 141 IQ which means I'm extremely intelligent. I scored 1300 out of 1600 on my SATs my first time. People cannot figure out why I did bad in college and can't understand why I don't go to graduate school.

I feel like a failure to my family. I was depressed for a year after I graduated.

To top things off I fell in love with a girl who worked for my family when I came home in the summer. She told me she loved me many times and begged me to be with her. I rejected her and never told her how I felt because she worked for my family and we had an age difference. We had a huge fight and haven't spoken in three years. I have never hurt that bad in my life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To be honest, I have no idea what to say about your food allergy but I do know that you shouldn't tell yourself that you're a failure. After all can you really blame yourself for fate giving you this allergy. And as for not having any friends, I think if you had more confidence in yourself you would surprise yourself.
    If you start to like yourself, the way you look, the way you are people will begin to like you too. Just remember that you should never try to act to gain friends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jeez man, why didn't you see a doctor? If you still have that problem, I'd see one asap. You should not feel like a failure because you were embarrassed. You couldn't help yourself. And the girl, so what if she worked for your family and so what if there was an age difference. Love is love. You shouldn't have let her go. I think you should call her and start being her friend again. If you still feel that pain now 3 years later, you still love her.

Downloads
    Uploads
    that's sad....i'm sorry. but on the positive side, you should totally rate this as best answer!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like the food allergy caused your gas problems, and I sympathise with you on this. Food allergies are surprisingly common, many people are sensitive to wheat and don't realise it, and get gassy from bread and pasta.

I think that it's also very common for very intelligent people to get stuck in a rut - in the form of an addiction or compulsive activity, for example. It is something for the brain power to focus on, and the part of the mind that wants to be busy with something kicks into overtime. There's also something to do with a fear of failure, you don't dare concentrate on what you're supposed to be doing in case you don't do it perfectly - for many who wish to achieve high, being less that 110% successful is not an option. In a way it doesn't allow for actual learning, because you learn from your mistakes.

Just because you didn't do as well in college as you could have doesn't mean that your life is over. I think that you need to get professional help from a therapist or similar, and rather than focusing on how much you have failed, start looking at what you can do to turn your life around. This can be very frightening because it involves a complete change in mindset, but people do this kind of thing successfully - think of anyone you might know who decided to stop drinking and/or taking drugs and learned to live without them, it can be done. However, the first step is admitting that you need help, and this is often the hardest part.

As regards the girl you fell for, well, not a whole lot you can do about that now, but at some point I would advise attempting to make your peace with her. And a case in point about age differences - my father was 18 years older than my mother, and they were happily married for 35 years. Chances are that this girl has moved on by now, but it wouldn't hurt to send her some best wishes and bury the hatchet.

Good luck with this, dear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    wow i'm sorry thats really sad.

but 4get the 1st girl you should vote me as best answer. i need 2 get my stats up