Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Enviro-vent? How do i make it stop?!?

I have just had a new shower put in with also the above brand of vent. I was able to switch the old one off when the bathroom wasn't in use but this just goes all the time! its driving me crazy! How can i get it to stop? the pull cord just makes it go faster and there is no switch/fuse on the wall =(

Downloads
    Uploads
    call an engineer

Junior Member ArlanymorMountainMan's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's supposed to stop on a timer a short while after the bathroom light is extinguished, or after the shower is switched off. It sounds like the timer is faulty, if the installer knew what he was doing when he fitted it.The only way to stop for the time being it is to remove the fuse in the consumer unit that governs that appliance

Downloads
    Uploads
    You may have a humidity sensor if so the setting needs turning down, try to find some instructions for the fan and it will tell you how to adjust, but the fan could either faulty or be wired wrong too. Get a 3 pole isolator fitted by a registered electrician and this will help with any future issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to call an electrician,.. or someone you know that is quite handy. (Not someone who thinks they are, and may make a mess. ).

If you have a good guy or girl friend who is a genius with 'fixing' things, figuring such things out -- give them a call. Otherwise just call around to electricians, and explain your issue. Make sure they know what is going on before they come, and get a "ballpark" quote BEFORE they come.

You can get a 100-200% difference in pricing from one phone call to the next.

It isn't a big deal,.. but probably something that needs to be replaced, or rewired.