My puppy is about 11-12 weeks. He arrived at the shelter at about 6-7 weeks after he was abandoned. He's a mix breed but weighs 2 pounds at the moment. so he's gonna be small still when fully grown. We deff believe he's part maltese. I have not even gotten a dent into training him to go outside. I have even resorted to giving him the lightest spank and then put him outside. then in the crate. but he just does not listen!!! he's a very mellow puply tl the point where we got him checked out if he was deaf or not. and he's not but its like its in one ear out the other. he's a lap dog!!! he loves to be held...my other puppy is just under a year old and 8 pounds and she's has more energy then any other big or small dog I have seen. well he's so relaxed that the vet says he's basically not listening. my other puppy I had trained in 1 day. but she was not abandoned at such a young age and was not with his mother the whole time he should have been. so how should I go about teaching him to go ouyside. and no wee wee pads!

2) he whines a lot!! he cried 5 hours straight today. because we have been trying to crate train him...and its not working with this one. I have crate trained dogs. Heck I work with dogs! And he's deffiantly the hardest I have come across. He's so quiet until that crate door shuts at night or he's in trouble. Today I waited 5 hours after he went in the house for him to stop yelping but he did not stop for more than 2 seconda. I tried letting him see me...just giving it time...putting him in a larger cage with my other puppy who slept all the way through every night since we got her. He has basically goes in and out of his cage all night I have not gotten that much sleep in a little over a week. I tried the clock wrapped in cloth to resemble a heartbeat. what am I suppose to do...I never had a puppy this stubborn. lol I just cant take the whining and neither can my parents...and no I will never get rid of him...he's in a better home now and loved!!!