Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone yell and scream at your employer, or is all conflict passive aggressive?

One thing I have noticed about the world of work is how passive aggressive the conflict has become. I missed the good old days when people who had a beef would talk it out and if necessary would yell and scream and then would get it out in the open. Now it seems like all work place conflict is passive aggressive where they will roll their eyes, give the silent treatment, talk about you behind your back, make up lies, go to your boss and complain and other underhanded ways to solve conflict.

What approach do you use when you have a beef with someone at work and what is done at your job?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I work for a very large corporation and it is not considered acceptable behavior to yell/argue in the manner you are describing. At my company that is basically what happens talking behind the back eye rolling etc but what is suppose to happen is you discuss your differences if you still have issues then you speak to your immediate supervisor/manager and then if nothing is done you see your bosses boss or you can go to employees relations/HR to have worked out. I think the old way can be interpreted to be aggressive/threatening which is not tolerated at our company.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a no no

Downloads
    Uploads
    leave all the passive aggressive BS in high school. At work you behave like a professional. Your coworkers are not your friends, they are colleagues. Treat them with respect and if you have a profession dispute get a mediator (supervisor).

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is one reason why I love being an engineer. Engineers just say what they're thinking and don't get mad if someone else has a different idea about how to solve the problem. We like peace and quiet so we can concentrate on our work, and rarely pick fights with each other. And people that are argumentative tend to get fired for being disruptive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also think in the good old days there weren't as many, or if any, cliques. People were promoted from within based on their job performances, very few kissed up.

Now cliques are everywhere. You can't trust anyone because you don't know who's talking to whom after work/weekends/holidays. Backstabbing, conniving, etc. Hostile environment.

Not to brag, but I maintained my professionalism, treated difficult, arrogent coworkers the same way and for the most part, ignored them. Believe me, I worked in a snakepit. Management knew, but did nothing to solve the situation because those coworkers kissed up to them.

I found that those who stir up trouble in the workplace live a sad life outside. They have no life-creating chaos is their life.