Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do I have the right to complain and ask for more?

I recently bought a laptop from Dell. I was expecting a fully functional laptop but I had lots of problems with it although its been less than a week since I got it. So I called technical support and they told me I had to return the laptop so that they can fix it (they assembled the laptop incorrectly). Do I have the right to complain that I'm not satisfied with this and demand for more?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck. Dell is one of the all time worst brands of computer and their tech support is worth nothing. I myself dislike them and will never do anything with them again, same with people I've talked to.

Now I use an HP computer and I'm very happy with it and pleased with their tech support.

You have a right to complain, but I wouldn't expect much from dell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can complain of course, and I think they wont charge you for the repairs since it is obviously their fault. But they wont give you more, at least it isn't likely.

Your problems are exactly why I tell every one to NOT get a Dell

Downloads
    Uploads
    you need to bring back the laptop for replacement. Unfortunately, you can't file a complaint requesting for compensation for whatever damages it had occured.. check your receipt and your warranty card and you'll see all your rights.