Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do I have reason to complain or am I being an ungrateful brat?

Working in a very busy office with another girl who has pretty much the same job title as me.

I earn €16,000 for a 40 hour + week, she earns €2800. The girl before her who just left earned €33,000

After 6 more months, I go up to €17,000. After 6 months, she goes up to €30,000.

Is the stress of this job (working through lunch, getting shouted at, staying late everyday etc) worth it?

p.s. before I get slaughtered for bitching about a job when so many others are unemployed, I am grateful for the job, but I am just thinking it is a little ridiculous...even in these recessionary times. Salary also seems to be non-negotiable btw
    The difference seems to be that she was hired through an interview process. I was approached to work for them after I completed a course with them...the boss is also my friends mother so she sort of knew me before as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There must be a difference between the jobs for her to earn so much more than you - what are the differences?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like it might have something to do with annual increments. Each year everyone gets a rise in line with their length of service. It happens where I work. New staff would get considerably less than I do but each year they will get a rise and as I am at the top of the scale now, I dont get it anymore. So they will eventually catch up and be the same as me. That is apart from the so called cost of living rise which doesnt even keep up with the cost of groceries let alone anything else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow that sucks. I think you should do more research on the matter. maybe she got promoted. Or a bonus. We always come to conclusions about things only to find out that we were wrong. If it is the case you say, I would talk to my boss about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    just try not to let stress get to you. i understand your emotions and it's ok to complain, it's better than keeping all your problems to yourself. What would your ideal job be? : )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you in the UK?

If so you have a right to request a pay audit. Assuming she is doing an identical job there is no legal grounds for the pay gap.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you in the UK?

If so you have a right to request a pay audit. Assuming she is doing an identical job there is no legal grounds for the pay gap.