Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

In this day and age, how common is yelling and screaming in the workplace...

...by bosses and clients? i work ?

for a small brokerage house that handles stocks, options, and bonds. my boss screams like an animal when things go wrong and some money is lost. we deal with clients like hedge fund traders that scream like animals when they don't get their way. i realize this is part of the wall street model, especially at small firms. but how common is this type of behavior in the workplace? if possible, tell me what type of job or company you work fo, how big the company is and what type of industry and how often this type of stuff occurs, and how it is tolerated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It happens. I worked in a warehouse a long time ago and the boss was always screaming like an idiot.

I now work for a pharmaceutical company and I had a boss who would blow his top quite a bit. His boss didn't seem to mind. HR came down on him for it however.

If it's making you feel bad I would talk to HR about it. No one should have to put up with any kind of abuse at work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very few places tolerate this any more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I work in a warehouse and sometimes I have bosses that give me attitude or yell at me when something goes wrong. I've had to report them to HR because even if something goes wrong, they don't have the right to yell at you like an animal or treat you with such disrespect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well, it happened to me before. i thought it only happen to asian boss. now i am working for a belt company. my boss is so nice. never yell at anyone. we are human, everyone make mistake. it just some manger they know how to cover up. well, when the econ is better, look for a new job. is not worth to work in such a company like that. you still have your life. hope you find a better job.